Restrictions can be entered in one of 5 formats:
- Domains and Subdomains—A domain name or subdomain that you wish to allow. "mydomain.com" will allow access to users at "mydomain.com" as well as "*.mydomain.com" but not from "alsomydomain.com", which would be a different domain name.
- Full IP address—A typical IP address of the form 22.214.171.124, where each digit is between 1 and 255.
- Partial IP address—Any of the first 3 numbers of an IP address. For instance, entering "1.2" would grant access to all servers with IPs beginning with "1.2.".
- Network/Netmask Pairs—A domain range paired with a netmask, e.g. "126.96.36.199/255.255.0.0". Netmasks allow you to subdivide your network into subnets. Contact your network administrator for more information on how to configure a netmask for your particular subnet.
- CIDR Specification—A shorthand form of network/netmask description that uses the range along with a number that represents the high-order 1 bits of the netmask, e.g. "188.8.131.52/16". Contact your network administrator for more information on how to configure CIDR netmasks.