Pivotal Tracker is a popular ticketing solution that a number of our customers use. For those of you that use it, you can post commit messages from ProjectLocker as additions to stories. To do this:
Get Your API Token
- Log into Pivotal Tracker and click your name in the upper right corner. Select Profile from the drop-down.
- At the bottom of the profile page is your API token. It should be a 32-character string of random letters and numbers. Copy this value.
Add your Token to ProjectLocker
- Click your name in the upper right corner of ProjectLocker Portal. Select My Profile
- Click the Integration Settings tab. Go to the Pivotal Tracker Settings area and paste the value into the API Token field.
- Click Save Changes to store the value
When you make commits to Subversion or Git, use Pivotal Tracker's recommended syntax format in your commit message. You can reference one or more tickets by adding the following to your commits:
[#ticket_id_1 #ticket_id_2 ]
where ticket_id_1 and ticket_id_2 are story IDs. You can reference as many tickets as they allow. Subversion changes should be reflected shortly after commit; Git changes will be reflected after pushing code to ProjectLocker.
Pivotal Tracker also supports operations on a story, such as fixed, completed, or finished. For more details, refer to Pivotal Tracker's documentation as referenced above.