ProjectLocker allows you to post commit notifications from Git and Subversion to a HipChat room of your choice. This allows notifications from ProjectLocker to become part of the conversation, and keeps all members aware of activity on the project.
HipChat uses an API token to authenticate. To obtain your token:
- Log into HipChat. Click the Group Admin link at the top of the page.
- Click the API tab. A list of your tokens should appear.
- In the Create New Token area, choose Notification, then enter an identifying label (e.g. "ProjectLocker"). Press the Create button.
- A new token should appear. Copy the token string to your clipboard.
To add your token to your ProjectLocker account:
- Click your name in the upper right corner of ProjectLocker Portal. Select My Profile
- Click the Integration Settings tab. Go to the HipChat Settings area and paste the value into the API Token field. Note that this setting affects the entire account, not just your user.
- Click Save Changes to store the value.
Once you've told ProjectLocker how to connect to HipChat, you'll need to tell it which Room to send messages to. To do this:
- Go to the Projects link and click the name of the project you wish to link to HipChat
- Select "Edit Project Details". If your account has a HipChat token assigned to it, you'll be presented with a field to enter the HipChat Room name.
- Enter the name, and press Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
After following these steps, your account is now linked to HipChat, and commit notifications will show up for each project in the room you specify. Each project can only post to one room, but you can point different projects to different rooms.